In honor or our Countdown to Spring: Color Week, I wanted to create a DIY project that encompassed a few of my favorite things: One, these adorable woven containers that I purchased at IKEA a couple months ago. They have been sitting on my dresser, waiting for a makeover. Second, I wanted something with some inspiring Spring color. Last, I wanted an EASY project. This one only took about 30 min. The results are so fun... see for yourself.
Here is what you need:
Containers (I couldn't find them on the IKEA website otherwise I would have included a link, sorry)
Blow dryer or Iron
Here is what I did:
1. Soak the crayons in warm water to get the wrappers off
2. Cut the crayons into small pieces with a kitchen knife
3. Place the chopped color crayon pieces onto the container in the pattern you would like (keep in mind the colors will run when melted and take on a pattern of their own)
4. Place the wax paper over the pieces
5. Put blow dryer on high heat, low speed and hold close to the wax paper. If you are using an iron place on medium heat.
6. Watch the colors melt, when they are melted enough so that they sick to the container on their own without getting blown away you can remove the wax paper and continue melting.
7. You can move the liquified colors in different directions by moving the blow dryer.
Voila! You have your own, super cool and modern new container.
What do you think? Did you try it? Was it fun and easy? If you did try it, upload your photos to our Facebook page HERE, we would love to see what you came up with.