Hey Friends, I promised to be more regular here and give you insights into Wind & Willow Home's daily life which includes lots of craft and home projects. I am excited to share some super fun Spring and Summer house updates but for now, I am thinkin' Valentines day.
Last year I made my honey some Bacon Roses which he loved. This year I am going a little more sweet as I am joining in on the Craft Your Valentines Day Contest over at Airheads Candy. I LOVE challenges, nothin' gets my creative juices flowing like a craft challenge.
First off, I must say, I have grown up with Airheads. I can remember spending my last quarters at the school store on these deliciously chewy candies. So, this challenge seemed irresistible.
What you need:
A couple packages of Airheads Candy.
Some small bamboo skewers
A knife for cutting
Vase for display
1. Unwrap those flavorful treats (mmmmm, don't they smell good) If you at them all by now, I can't blame you.
2. Figure out what kinds of flowers you want to make. Here are some ideas (you can get really fancy but I kept this project at about 20 min).
3. Start molding. In most cases (except the roses) there will be 2 parts, center (stamen) and outside (petals).
4. Wrap the center part (stamen) around the skewer. Mold enough so it sticks.
5. Mold the outside (petals) to the skewer so it stays.
6. I made some leaves on separate skewers
7. Arrange in a simple vase
8. Present to your loved one.
Do you have a favorite Valentines DIY?